- 1 French baguette stick, cut into 12-16 slices
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped and diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped (or more if desired)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced to a paste
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas Mark 5
- Chop your tomatoes and place in a bowl, mix in your chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and set aside.
- Slice your baguette into about 12-16 slices depending on your slicing thickness and place on a baking tray. If you cut your slices too thinly, they will burn very quickly so aim for 15mm.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Add Tomato mixture to top of bruschetta & serve.
Use the same recipe and add additional small cubes of Mozzerella, or crumbled goats cheese at step three with an extra drizzle of olive oil.