Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 6-8 apples core and quarter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Icing sugar
- Wash 6-8 apples, then core and quarter.
- Place the apples into a saucepan and cover with 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer and cover until the apples have cooked to a mush.
- Puree with a hand blender, blender or a food mixer and add icing sugar to taste.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- This quick batch of apple sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 10-12 days.
- You can also freeze it.
Makes 2 bottles 500ml
- 1 litre of Vodka 40% alcohol content (80 proof)
- 3 Apples
- Wash and slice 1-2 apples. Leave the skin on.
- Put them – and also the cores – in a clean glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Cover with clear, unflavoured vodka – 40% alcohol content (80 proof).
- Let steep for two months or more in a dark place at room temperature, 18-20°C (64-68°F).
- Shake lightly and taste it from time to time. Every fortnight should be sufficient.
- Strain through a funnel and filter your infusion into a clean glass bottle or jar with tight-fitting lid.
- You can serve your apple schnapps after it has settled for a couple of days in a dark place at room temperature.