- 4 bramley apples, washed
- 50g (2oz) butter, softened
- 50g (1oz) soft brown sugar
- 1tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 75g (3oz) raisins
- 75g (3oz) chopped dates
- Zest and juice of an orange
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Use a corer to remove the centre of the apples. Place them in a baking tray.
- Mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon, and orange zest, then stir in the raisins and dates.
- Spoon this fruit mixture into the centre of the apples, pushing it down firmly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are tender and fluffy.
- Serve hot with custard or clotted cream for a special treat.
Serves 4 – 6
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 55g/2oz caster sugar
- 6 plums halved, stones removed
- 1 vanilla pod split, seeds scraped out (or 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract)
- 1tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 50g/2oz plain flour or Gluten Free plus extra to dust
- 25g/1oz of butter or sunflower margarine
- 1 free-range egg or Orgran No egg free powder ( follow instructions on packet)
- Preheat the Oven 220C/425F/Gas 7
- Take the all pastry rub thoroughly together to form a ball,
- Dust rolling pin and board with flour and roll out to the width of the frying pan.
- Wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Cook the plums with brandy in the frying pan, brown sugar and Vanilla, cook until plums are softened.
- Turn all the plums over so that the plums are level, with stone side facing upwards
- Line the frying pan with the pastry, pressing down so that the pastry will attach to the plums whilst being baked.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the oven until pastry is golden brown, about 20mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a minute or two.
- Serve warm with double cream, crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream.
40g butter or vegan margarine
6 slices of Panettone or light fruit bread
3 Clementines peeled, and thinly sliced
3 eggs or no egg equivalent powder
600ml semi skimmed milk, although Soya milk works the same
150ml single cream or Alpro soya cream
3 tblsp of Splenda granulated sweetener
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
pinch of nutmeg or grated nutmeg
Grease dish, spread remaining over bread slices, cut into triangles, layer bottom and tinue to layer with clementine in between.
Beat eggs of egg powder with milk, cream with sweetener and vanilla extract.
Pour over the layered bread, cover with cling-film and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Take cling-film off, sprinkle with nutmeg .
Place in an heated oven of Gas mark 4 180C / 350F for 30-35 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.Read More